Friday, December 2, 2016

More postcard Parties, Sample Messages & A Buddhist Take on Trump

First, I'm sorry if I haven't responded to your emails to me.  I'm just swamped with emails and am very behind.  I actually do LOVE reading what you write in response my my blogs.  I'll try to get to everything eventually.  

Future Postcard Parties, and please send me any info about any others to post:

The Electors vote on Dec. 19.  So please schedule any Postcard Parties by Dec. 15!

SUNDAY IN THE EAST BAY:
December 4 
from 10 am - 1 pm 
Scarlet City Espresso Bar, 
3960 Adeline Street, 
Emeryville
INFO:  taraayres@gmail.com

SUNDAY & BEYOND IN SF:
Sunday, Dec. 4, 1-3 pm
Wednesday, Dec. 7, 7-10 pm
Sunday, Dec. 11, 11 am-2 pm
Wednesday, Dec. 14, 7-10 pm (LAST PARTY)
My Place
547 Douglass St.
Between 21st & 22nd St.
Buses:  24, 35, 48

Here are a bunch of important links:

LINK TO ELECTOR ADDRESSES:

LINK TO BASIC POSTCARD FOR DEMOCRACY PARTY INFO 

SAMPLE POSTCARD MESSAGES
http://bit.ly/2fQQHOQ

LINK TO LOG TO RECORD RESULTS OF POSTCARD WRITING 
(HOW MANY TO WHICH STATES):
Please, folks, if you write postcards, go to the log and record what you've done. Even if you don't have an actual detailed count, just estimate and put it in, so that we have some idea of what people are doing.

This quote below from a talk by David Loy, "The Bodhisattva Path in the Trump Era" seemed very apt to me:

"We don’t know if what we do is important, but it is very important that we do it. Because it’s what we are here for and what we find ourselves called to do."

Some of us feel called to write postcards to electors.  It's what we do,right now.  I am somewhat of a kinda sorta practitioner of Buddhism, so I was heartened to hear a Buddhist speaking directly about our current crisis -- and to find that it fit exactly with POSTCARDS 4 DEMOCRACY!  

For the rest of the talk by David Loy, go to:
The Bodhisattva Path in the Trump Era:  
http://bit.ly/2gZ2vUc

That coloring of the letters above was a little effort to cheer myself up. I heard something on the radio this morning that I'm having trouble digesting.  A reporter asked Pence what Trump was going to do about the conflict of interest between his Presidency and his business interests, and Pence answered back, "Who cares?"

Gulp.

I never thought I'd be nostalgic for lies and bullshit.  But at that moment, I was.

I don't know if I should include something so startlingly shocking in my blog.  I try to stay on the cheery side.  But maybe it's GOOD for Pence to drop the mask that he actually cares about ethical behavior.

Well, at this moment, I'm having trouble putting one foot in front of the other.  I'm glad to feel obligated to do this blog.  And I was sooo glad on Wednesday night to write postcards with others and talk about politics.  I assure you, getting together to write postcards is very good for the soul!

Alexandria, who is assisting with P4D, ordered bunches of postcards based on my photos.  I've been meaning to do such a thing for YEARS, loving both postcards and my photographs.  Below is a sample of three.  If you come to my place for a Postcard Party, you can pick whichever ones you like!

Dutch Sheep
Window in Gettysburg Farmhouse
Miami Beach





No comments:

Post a Comment