Tuesday, August 18, 2020

August 15, 2020: KAMALAKAMALAKAMALAKAMALAKAMALA (+ STUFF)

 

Oh, and by the way.....

KAMALA!!

I feel so much better about Biden for President when he's standing in the background behind Kamala Harris. Don't you?

I've gotten a major lift of spirits with Harris becoming the VP nominee. I wasn't enthusiastic about her in the primaries because she seemed to be trying to please everyone. She blew it with me when she turned away from Medicare for All.

But it turns out, according to some commentators, the fact that she has taken positions all over the political map makes her a stronger candidate NOW. Who knew?!?

Whatever Trump accuses Harris of, she's also done something on the opposite side. Accuse her of being soft on crime? Not according to her record as California's attorney general! Accuse her of being a harsh prosecutor of people of color? Here's a photo of her marching in a Black Lives Matter protest!

And it says something good about Biden that he chose as his running mate the primary opponent who atttacked him most forcefully.

Pardon my euphoria, but she is the most qualified to be President, of all the women Biden considered -- except of course Warren. But you know, I'm sorry, since Biden will be the oldest President ever, Warren's age worried me. Biden needs a significantly younger VP.

And I'm just giddy about Biden declaring himself a "transitional" President, pretty much saying he won't run for re-election and implying that he very seriously intends his VP choice to succeed him.

As a San Franciscan, I remember Harris's courageous stand against the death penalty when a policeman was killed. Senator Feinstein called a meeting where she howled for blood before a huge audience in a big cathedral. It was so disgusting. I was sure Harris would buckle. It was the political thing to do. But she had compaigned for DA on an anti-death penalty platform. And she stood by her promise.

Now, don't tell me Harris will disappoint me sooner or later. I know that, silly. I'm hoping for later rather than sooner.

Right now I want to savor the lovely feeling that maybe maybe at last the universe is behind us, that even our weaknesses turn out to be our strengths, and that we will squash that bug big time.

SQUASH HIM!

This is not to say that we can just relax and coast. Remember how that worked out four years ago? Let's not go THERE again. I cannot count the number of conversations I had with people who assured me that Trump was digging his own grave, and all we had to do was sit back and watch.

ALSO, an observation: Nobody has mentioned that Kamala Harris is fucking beautiful. I think that's just great. BOTH things are great: The fact that she's drop-dead gorgeous and the fact that it's considered inappropriate to remark upon it. Perhaps we HAVE come a long way, baby!


STUFF

  • I don't know if you're familiar with the Lincoln Project, an elite group of Republicans who are intent on electing Biden. Their television commercials are pretty great and FUNNY. This one is special.


  • My friend, Joel Pomerantz, is looking for a housemate. Please spread the word. It looks like a good deal to me, and I myself would be very willing to live with Joel. He is a fine and interesting fellow. Here's the info.


Well, Bloggelinis, nice to have an easy optimistic blog once in a while, eh? I'm gonna savor this as long as I can. Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment