Saturday, June 19, 2021

Reading Not Recorded -- Plus a Funny Photo

 

Nikki was standing absolutely still, with the curtain over his head. It seemed he had gotten fed up with having his eyes washed and he was hiding from the eye-washer. He appeared to believe that -- because I was invisible to him -- he was invisible to me. He did not move a muscle as I went and got my camera and slowly approached.

How long had he been standing there like this?

For all his elegance and careful breeding, Nikki is a rather hapless dog. Loulou has the padded recliner all to herself because Nikki cannot figure out how to lie down in it. He stands and rocks madly back and forth. At the park, he is totally dedicated to chasing the ball, but he thinks the ball goes in the direction he runs, so he just starts out galloping without paying attention to my throw. Not that it would make much difference, since he has terrible eyesight. Fortunately, Loulou is much more discerning, and he follows her. This photo of the two of them says it all. I call it "The Goofball & the Princess."
All in all, a most lovable clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment