Monday, December 5, 2022

BUFFY UPDATE

 

Subscribe to My Blog!

December 5, 2022



Update on Buffy Ste-Marie



PREVIOUS BLOGS: TERRYBAUM.BLOGSPOT.COM

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED.

PODCASTS, EVENTS, INFO, POSTERS: LilithTheater.com



BUFFY UPDATE

Bloggelini Boze researched and discovered that it was President Lyndon Johnson who strangled Buffy's career in the U.S. by secretly contacting radio stations and requesting that they not play her music.


I understood why the President of the United States feared the power of her voice when I listened to MY COUNTRY TIS OF THY PEOPLE YOU'RE DYING,


This is Buffy's anthem to the terrible suffering of her people at the hands of the United States government. It's a long song -- Necessarily so. I wept as I listened. For those seven minutes I opened myself to that suffering, and I wept.


The rage and pain in Buffy's voice, the poetry of her lyrics describing this horrific history. stripped away my numbness. Her song allowed me to feel, for a brief moment, what all Indigenous people must feel.


That's the power of the music of Buffy Ste-Marie. LBJ was right to be frightened by her.


Bloggellinis, please consider clicking this link and listening to Buffy's great song. Terry


No comments:

Post a Comment