Sunday, August 30, 2020

Aug. 23, 2020: A DECENT MAN FOR PRESIDENT

 

After I wrote the above, I went to my local post office on 24th St. in Noe Valley, to protest Trump's unbelievable attempts to destroy the United States Postal Service. Similar protests were happening from 11-noon in front of every P.O. in the country! I'm a great writer of postcards. The idea that someday I could not send a postcard on a whim is so upsetting. How lovely it was to be at a nice little demonstration -- and so close to my house!
Above is a beautiful graphic work made of cut paper.
Above is Martha, the organizer of our protest. When I arrived, she said "Hello, Terry!" Me: "And you're....?" "I'm Martha." "Oh, hi! Thanks for sending me the email." After standing for a while, I went back to her. "Martha, how did you know it was ME?" Really, without my poodles, how could she recognize me?!? Martha: "Oh Terry, it was obvious." I remain mystified.
Well, Bloggelinis, Election Day is a-comin', and it's time for all of us to start thinking about what we're going to do to pull this thing out of the fire. You do know that Blogmistress considers voting necessary but not sufficient, don't you? On an emotional level, working to elect Biden is the right thing to do! If (please please please) we win, your rejoicing will be greater. And if...I can't say it.... It helps me feel less GUILTY if I've really put in some effort. I'm going to do more of the Vote Forward project, writing letters to lackadaisical Dem voters. How about YOU? Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment