Tuesday, July 20, 2021

A Brief Castro Ramble

 

When I'm feeling good, I want to ramble. And when I'm feeling BAD, I NEED to ramble. This was a good day, starting with my ramblin' pants. The Lee Pants people must have gotten my message about cheering people up, because not only are they awarding me TOTAL FREEDOM, they actually know that I AM Amazing. Frankly, I'd prefer that the recognition of my amazingness was in a larger font than the freedom business, because I think being amazing is more important than having TOTAL FREEDOM.

Come to think of it, how can these pants give me TOTAL FREEDOM when they have a zipper and a button?!? I mean, if the waist was elastic -- very loose elastic -- then I think they can make the case for the freedom. Although even LOOSE elastic would not reward me with TOTAL FREEDOM. Perhaps "QUITE A BIT OF FREEDOM" would then be an accurate waistband slogan.

Inspiring Slogans on the inner waistband. Capitalism is definitely trying too hard. The Lee folks are trying. Very trying.
When fully dressed -- still amazing but not totally free -- I went out to my deck and witnessed my beautiful new succulent held up by spiderwebs! Thank you, spiders, for preventing my new succulent from falling over!






Self-validating pants, structural engineer spiders -- and I haven't even gone out the front door. My close ex Jessica was visiting, so we headed down to the Castro to have breakfast.
At Spike's, we noticed a new attraction --
The Spike's Rainbow Gay O'Meter!

I'm so happy to live in a neighborhood that is not only so gay, it can invent a meter the measures that quality.

And on the corner of Market & Castro, two separate welcoming murals ....
The large mural on the left of the tower needs to be studied in detail.
"Out of the bars & Into the Streets" gives the Castro an explicitly political identity! But I cannot claim to understand the whole mural. "TRAIN YOUR FRONT-LINE IMMUNE SYSTEM TODAY." What IS my front-line immune system? And how do I go about training it?!?
Perhaps with the sign on the right, we can see evidence of someone who might have been approaching TOTAL FREEDOM. Or perhaps she reached TOTAL FREEDOM and moved on, abandoning this tantalizing sign. An outlaw roller blader, making a living from tips received for teaching illegal roller blade tricks.,,

And what is that strange being on roller blades?!? A sheep? Even if the being has no pants, the amazingness quotient is very high, don't you agree?

Perhaps if I knew what my FRONT-LINE IMMUNE SYSTEM was, I could have trained it to do illegal roller blade tricks.
Absolutely no point in drowning in all of life's "what-ifs." Let's move on!



A heartfelt plea on the left?

A joke?

Could that be a renegade Portland pig in the sheep suit in the sign above, desperately trying to survive far from her Portland home by teaching illegal roller blade tricks? The mind boggles.



And then I encountered Elliot, a Poodle of Presence, as you can see in the close-up. I have a close friend named Elliot, and it seemed such an unlikely name for this tiny morsel with a demonic gleam in his eye.
And the "DO NOT FEED" tag -- heart breaking. But when you're that small, you gotta watch your weight. Perhaps if Demon Dog Elliot could learn illegal roller blading tricks, then he could eat more.... I'm losing it.... I need to eat something....
At last we arrived at our breakfast destination -- Orphan Andy's!
Jessica was very pleased that we could sit outside for breakfast and watch all the F-cars leave on their journey down Market Street. She took great pleasure in the beautiful colors of the different street cars.


That's all, Bloggelinis!
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment