Monday, January 23, 2023

A TINY CASTRO RAMBLE

Subscribe to My Blog!

January 23, 2023


A Tiny Castro Ramble


PREVIOUS BLOGS: TERRYBAUM.BLOGSPOT.COM

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED.

PODCASTS, EVENTS, INFO, POSTERS: LilithTheater.com



Below in the Castro:

A Large Plywood Gallery's Latest Art Exhibition

It's been a while since I've done a Rambling Blog. I haven't been on any really long walks lately. Weather trouble, back trouble, foot trouble, ankle trouble. But my toes are just dandy! They used to be a major transportation issue. And back, foot and ankle seem to be progressing so expect a major Ramble soon!


Above & Below: street gallery that continues to be repainted:

This strange being on the right is my favorite part of the triptych. I do believe I have the right to call it a triptych, although that's usually reserved for the likes of Hieronymus Bosch. Okay, this ain't no Garden of Earthly Delights. But perhaps a Garden of Castro

Delights?













There is a series of these photographic portraits scattered around. Usually they are partly torn off. There's always a statement about the person by the (unnamed) photographer that humanizes the subject. Powerful.


And moving off Castro Street, rambling in the 'hood:

This front yard (right) is sometimes fabulously fancy. At the moment, it only boasts a lovely and lonely chandelier.





Below: The Mouse House. It has been the Mouse House as long as I've been in the 'hood. It used to be painted turquoise (sigh of longing) but at least Mickey is still there


Went to State Street park, very hidden, lovely views. After all the rivers of water, much was blocked off. I am not always a respecter of yellow caution tape, but this time I called Nikki to get his doggie ass out of the danger area.



Just a beautiful Victorian, one of my faves:


Never noticed the sign below before. Has it always been there? I'm frequently astonished at the things I've been walking by for years without seeing.



I love this window below. The Native American on the left has been there for a while. The strange multiple portrait is new.


And in the upper window:



Another one of those gorgeous portraits: "Vincent (unhoused): 'I don't know why people litter.'"



I think of this image below as Andy Warhol. Do any Bloggellinis have suggestions?



And let's end with an old-fashioned San Francisco Victorian fantasia:




All for now, Bloggellinis! Terry

 

No comments:

Post a Comment