Friday, July 12, 2024

HICK Meets AI!

 

Subscribe to My Blog!

July 10, 2024


HICK Meets AI!

+

This Sunday is the LAST Show!

(Links & Info @ bottom of blog)



PREVIOUS BLOGS: TERRYBAUM.BLOGSPOT.COM

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED.

PODCASTS, EVENTS, INFO, POSTERS: LilithTheater.com


I checked out Evite to see if that was a way to publicize my performances. It turned out it wasn't. They charge a hefty service fee for every ticket sold. But in the process of engaging with the website, I was offered the services of AI to help me come up with publicity content. I declined but that didn't matter. AI decided to participate on its own, and came up with this:


Get ready for a down-home,

country-fried love story

with

HICK: A Love Story

It's gonna be a hootenanny y'all won't wanna miss!


I laughed so hard. AI, you sure went down the wrong wormhole with this one!


I hope some of you will make it to my very last outing. I'm getting better and better. Last Sunday, I felt very loose, in a good way. I felt like I wasn't just playing the part, I was playing WITH the part. Joyce, my stage manager, is the ultimate connoisseur of my performance, having seen it so many times. She said it was my best ever. That might be true. My friend Susan sent a bunch of her friends to the show, and two of them texted their appreciation to her and used the word "phenomenal." I don't think anyone has ever described the show with that word.


I don't take the good reviews personally. Contrary to getting a swelled head, I always have the feeling that they're talking about someone standing right next to me. But "phenomenal" is a pretty nice word.


And now, the same old info about the show, with links for tickets at the bottom:



THE MARSH PRESENTS

Terry Baum in

HICK: A LOVE Story

Based on Eleanor Roosevelt's 2336 Letters to Lorena Hickok


When FDR became

President

in 1932,

his wife had a lesbian lover...


BEST OF 2019 SAN FRANCISCO FRINGE

"Valiant, valuable & vivid." -- Baltimore Sun


FINAL SHOW!

Sunday, July 14, 2024

@ 5pm



THE MARSH

1062 Valencia St., San Francisco

(near 24th St. BART)


Tickets

Parking Info


No comments:

Post a Comment