Tuesday, August 13, 2024

LESBO SOLO Opens! Read the Raves!

 

Subscribe to My Blog!

August 13, 2024


Lesbo Solo Takes Flight!

Read the Raves!

Click Here for Tix to Lesbo Solo

August 24 @ 12pm

August 25 @ 3pm

These are some audience reviews in response to....


THE OPENIING OF A BRAND-NEW SHOW!!!!!


  • "Just such a beautifully moving and heartwarming personal narrative of lesbian love, defeat, triumph and herstory brilliantly delivered and told through the eyes of a San Francisco playwright and artist. Bring your tissue. You will experience a variety of tears. Thank you, Terry."

 

  • "A charming, hilarious, illuminating trip through Terry’s personal history, which lines up with cataclysmic changes in feminist and lesbian history in the US. Don’t miss it!"


  • "You will laugh and cry happy catharsis tears. This was my first lesbian history lesson and I want everyone, but especially every bisexual, pansexual, demisexual, queer, lesbian person to see it too."


Thank you so much to my very articulate audience reviewers.


Well.


In fact, the show changed since my last blog.


I always had a scene in Lesbo Solo titled "Coming-Out Story." I also had other scenes. Basically, "Coming-Out Story" grew and grew and pushed all the other scenes off the cliff.


It is such an exhilarating experience to commit to opening a show on a certain date -- and then find out in rehearsal that you really did not know what show you were going to open when you signed up!


Thank goodness the title still works. But the subtitle, no. This is not anymore "One Dyke's Life in the Theater." It is now "A Gay History Play."


The fact is I have had quite an amazing life. I have witnessed and made gay history.


Lesbo Solo begins when I am 16 years old, at a time when teachers could be fired if they were rumored to be homosexual. It ends... Well, I won't tell you how it ends. You have to come see the show for that. But I will tell you that the entire audience gasped in amazement.


And, it seems from the reviews, some cried tears of happy catharsis.


So, you lazy bums, (I'm talking to all you Bloggellinis in driving distance of San Francisco)...


WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?!?



Call me crazy, call me old-fashioned, but I prefer to perform to a sold-out house. It's just a weird quirk. And THIS is a small theater. Get your asses down to 277 Taylor, so you can say in the future, "I saw Lesbo Solo in a tiny theater in the Tenderloin in San Francisco when it first opened."


DO COME.

2024 San Francisco Fringe Festival

Presents

LESBO SOLO

A Gay History Play



Saturday, August 24 @ 12:00pm

Sunday, August 25 @ 3:00pm

 


277 Taylor Street in San Francisco

 

Tix: $17.85

lesbo-solo.eventbrite.com



No comments:

Post a Comment