Tuesday, August 20, 2024

 

Subscribe to My Blog!

August 20, 2024


FINAL LESBO SOLO SHOWS


SATURDAY @ 12PM, SUNDAY @ 3PM

Tix: lesbo-solo.eventbrite.com

(plus an unexpected rave)



PREVIOUS BLOGS: TERRYBAUM.BLOGSPOT.COM

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED.

PODCASTS, EVENTS, INFO, POSTERS: LilithTheater.com

2024 San Francisco Fringe Festival

Presents

LESBO SOLO

A Gay History Play

Saturday, August 24 @ 12:00pm

Sunday, August 25 @ 3:00pm

277 Taylor Street in San Francisco

Tix: $17.85

lesbo-solo.eventbrite.com


I got this audience review of LESBO SOLO on the Exit Theatre website:  


  • "After seeing Terry in Lesbo Solo, I realized that there are so many layers in a person’s personality. Terry lays it all out there with laughs, some history of the beginning of the gay movement, and her commitment and contribution to it. All in all, it was engaging and fun and a great joy to see Terry in a totally different light, than before. It was a fast hour, leaving me wanting more. I highly recommend it." 


I assumed it was from someone who had seen me in HICK  and was surprised at how different the new show was. But when I walked into my local pet store, The Animal Company, on 24th Street, I discovered it was Rick, the owner! He has only known me as the owner of Nikki!  

Nikki tries to guide me into The Animal Company every day, and often succeeds. Yesterday I was welcomed as a conquering hero by Rick and his wife. (I don't remember her name; I only remember Rick's because he signed his review. I'm very bad at remembering names and recognizing faces.)  

To have The Animal Company a few blocks away is a very important and special merchant/customer relationship. A pet store owner is also an adviser. Rick recommended a supplement that actually made Nikki's eyes better.  And, when Loulou left the planet, I felt Nikki needed a new collar to cheer us both up, and The Animal Company had a beautiful selection of embroidered ones from Mexico:


I try to keep Nikki in blue. I do feel it's his color.

Anyhow, I'm so glad that these wonderful people took the time to come to my play. 


Dear Bloggellinnis: I'm doing some rewriting of Lesbo Solo, as is my wont. I'm hoping you can come. Also, I've seen a really good Fringe show.  Homage  has some more performances. I highly recommend it. A solo where the actress plays herself, her mother, and her grandmother. I was captivated by all three characters. It's a story of immigrant survival, the Holocaust, family dynamics. Really a deep piece. Go to theexit.org to get tickets for all Fringe shows. Terry


To see the other Lesbo Solo reviews, click here.   


No comments:

Post a Comment