Tuesday, February 5, 2013

From Chile to Gettysburg to South Africa

LAUNDRY DAY IN VALDIVIA


ME WITH BUSTS OF NERUDA AND
ALLENDE THAT ROSE WOULDN'T LET ME 
BUY BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO HEAVY 



Just arrived in Cape Town a few hours ago.  Can't sleep.  Came from Gettysburg, PA where I spent a lovely relaxing 4 days with my oldest friend, Dory Adams, and her husband, Denny.  I mean, not that she's so OLD, but our FRIENDSHIP is old.  We were put together as roommates when we started college.

Anyhow, two photos of me in Chile.   Also, click here to see and hear a great band I heard in Parque Brazil in Santiago.  The music in Chile was on such a high level, just like the theater.

And then also below an eBlast for two performances I'll be doing in South Africa!  I'm so excited to be sharing my work and to be creating a new show out of excerpts from my work.  My old friend Betsy Shevey, in New York, did the bookings.  It wouldn't have happened without her.



LESBO SOLO!
Excerpts from a Lesbian's Life in the Theater


Inline image 1Inline image 2Inline image 3
TERRY BAUM TOURS SOUTH AFRICA
CAPE TOWN
THURSDAY FEB. 7 @ 8 PM
Beaulah Bar, 1st Floor, 24 Somerset Road, Green Point 

JOHANNESBURG
FRIDAY FEB. 22 @ 5:30 PM
Wits Amphitheatre ,University of the Witwatersrand. 
Co-Presented by Wits Drama for Life and Writing Centre
A love-crazed lesbian on the loose… 
A closeted butch woman at the bedside of her dying wife… 
An old-time bar dyke and storyteller… 
A feisty female candidate for Mayor of San Francisco…  

These characters -- and more -- are brought to life by Terry Baum, pioneer lesbian playwright.  

Terry has been creating theater in San Francisco since 1974.  
Her plays have been published, translated into Dutch, French, Swedish, and Italian and produced all over the world.   
She has toured North America, Europe and Israel as a solo performer of her own plays.
  

FOR MORE INFO:  bshevey@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment