Wednesday, November 16, 2016

WHAT WOULD MARTIN LUTHER KING Jr. DO?

"Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable.  Even a superficial look at history reveals that no social advance rolls in on the wheels inevitability.  Every step towards the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.  Without persistent effort, time itself becomes an ally of the insurgent and primitive forces of irrational emotionalism and social destruction.  This is no time for apathy or complacency.  This is a time for vigorous and positive action." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Okay, folks, so I say MLK Jr. gives a resounding THUMBS UP! to the POSTCARDS FOR DEMOCRACYcampaign.  

I'm feeling very overwhelmed with this ball that I've started rolling.  Perhaps some of you have offered to help in your emails, but I haven't brought myself to read them yet.  When I put myself out in the world in a creative or disruptive way, I often have a physical sensation of leaning forward against chains that are dragging me backwards.  I feel paralyzed. Mostly, I want to hide under the covers, and sometimes I DO.

I KNOW this is the result of me not being who my parents and society wanted/expected me to be.  I'm not SUPPPOSED to be who I am.  Somehow my understanding of this has not liberated me from those chains.  I need the support and company of others to keep going, and I've gotten it so often in my life. 

If you want to help, please phone me at 415 648-5244.  I do better voice-to-voice and face-to-face.

Anyhow, this is a very long complicated way of saying I have not gotten any of the addresses yet.  But I WILL research that today!  Hey, maybe someone has already emailed me a bunch!  

FURTHER STRATEGY THOUGHTS:

1. We should prioritize Democratic electors in big swing states.  

2.  The electors meet to vote in their respective state capitols  on December 19.  We should organize PEACEFUL demonstrations in all the capitols where the electors are expected to vote for the loser of the national popular vote, on that day.

PLEASE COME TO MY POSTCARDS FOR DEMOCRACY TONIGHT AT 7 PM!  547 DOUGLASS ST., SF.  BELOW ARE TWO OF THE POSTCARDS AVAILABLE FROM MY COLLECTION!!
Terry
Inline image 2Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment